This is the Slide show of Voters casting their votes at the 2015 Nigerian elections
This is a video of the 2015 Presidential Election in Nigeria. This video is recorded in a ward in Agiliti, Mile 12 in Kosofe Local Government Area, Lagos State
This is an audio slideshow of the Beach Party of Lagos State University School of Communications 2014 graduating set.
This is a video report of an interview of Mr John OKunola, a Data Analyst in EXP Agency-an IMC (Integrated Marketing Communications) Firm.
Estimations on water consumed in Nigeria daily, ranging from bottle water to pure water is about N8 billion.
The Director General, National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), Dr. Paul Orhii, said this at a forum organized by the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI).
According to Orhii, “Water is a fast growing business in this country. In Nigeria today, water constitutes about N8 billion daily.
“Each bottle water cost N50 at the minimum, with the population of Nigeria which is almost 170 million people, 100 million Nigerians take one bottle water per day, am not counting water used during parties, am not counting those who brush their teeth or wash their hands with bottle water, am counting those who drink a bottle per day, to satisfy their thirst.
“When you multiply N50 with 100 million, is about five billion. Then the sachet water, called pure water, 167 million Nigerians are taking it, it constitute about N3 million.”
Speaking on registration of products, he said, “We are stringent about requirement, we are not killing business. If somebody has submitted all the application and document required, within 90 days it will be registered, this is what I concluded with my people when I came in as the DG.”
Earlier, Mr. Goodie Ibru, President LCCI, explained that complaints from companies, fueled a survey on the activities of some public regulatory agencies including NAFDAC, and discovered that businesses are increasingly at the receiving end, following delay in registration and certification of products, multiplicity and arbitrary charges, frequently of visits that come with costs to the companies, overlap functions with other agencies, excessive human interface in operational framework and collection of excessive quantity of products supposedly as samples.
Ibru said, “I want to appeal that as the agency carries out its regulatory functions, there is need for collaboration and understanding with business operators who are already burdened with challenges of infrastructural deficiencies.”
Convergence is a very polysemous (several meanings for a word) concept that has been used to describe various trends in journalism that have something in common: the blurring of the limits between different media, professional skills and roles strategies. Media convergence is an economic strategy in which communications companies seek financial benefit by making the various media properties they own work together. In Nigeria today, most reporters, photojournalist, video-journalism, editors, etc submit their stories, photos or videos through the internet or their mobile phone. Unlike in the last decade when editors and reporters work from personal offices/ independent newsrooms which sometimes delay the production of news-stories.
Using the convergence of the multi-skilled professionals to examine the Nigerian media, it can be observed that Nigerian journalist are not only trained to report news stories but also to report the audios, photos and videos of the event using their mobile phones or devices. Various workshops have been organized to train journalist to be skilled and professionally inclined with today’s technology. This strategy allows companies to reduce labour, administrative and material costs, to use the same media content across several media outlets, to attract increased advertising by providing advertisers with package deals and one-stop shopping for a number of media platforms, and to increase brand recognition and brand loyalty among audiences through cross-promotion and cross-selling.
Broadcasting has increasingly been replaced by the Internet, enabling consumers all over the world the freedom to access their preferred media content more easily and at a more available rate than ever before. Many Nigerians can now access news information from their mobile phones, or internet, especially with the advent of social networks like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and blog sites such as Naira land. It has been observed that newspaper organizations have adopted the means of internet to publish their stories. Examples like The Punch (www.punchng.com), The Guardian (www.ngrguardiannews.com), The Sun News (www.sunnewsonline.com), Thisday (www.thisdaylive.com), The Nation (www.thenationliveng.net), etc. Even radio stations like Radio Nigerian (www.radiolagosekofm.net), Freedom Radio (www.freedomradionig.com), Radio Lagos(www.radiolagosekofm.net), Classic FM (www.classic97.net), Brilla FM (www.brilafm.net), etc cannot but allow their presence to be felt worldwide prior to media convergence in Nigeria and Digitization. Below is a representation of the Media Convergence in Nigeria.
THE BROADCAST PARADIGM IN NIGERIA
- Silverbird Group has Rhythm FM, Silverbird Television, STV online (Online Radio), Silverbird Television (Satellite), uses social networks such as Facebook and Twitter and operates Mall and Cinema
- DAAR Communications has RayPower, AIT, AIT online (Online Radio), DaarSat, AIT – Dstv (Satellite) and uses Facebook and Twitter
- Continental has Radio Continental, Television Continental (TVC), TVC online (Online Radio) and uses Facebook and Twitter
- Nigeria Broadcasting Corporation has Radio Nigeria, Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), NTA online (Online Radio), NTA 1 (Satellite), uses Facebook and Twitter
- Lagos State Broadcasting Corporation has Radio Lagos (Yoruba) and Eko FM (English), Lagos Television (LTV), Radio online , Eko89.75fm online and LTV online (Online Radios), LTV (Satellite) and uses Facebook and Twitter
- Channels has Channels TV (Television Station), Channels (audio and Video) (Online Radio), Channels TV (Satellite), Mobile, and uses Facebook and Twitter
- Brilla Broadcasting Services has Brila FM (Radio Station), Brila FM online (Online Radio) and uses Facebook and Twitter
- DBN Limited has DBN TV (Television Station) and uses Facebook and Twitter
- Galaxy has Galaxy Television (Television Station), Galaxy TV online (Online Radio) and uses Facebook and Twitter
- MITV has MITV (Television Station), MITV (Satellite) and uses Facebook and Twitter
THE PRINT PARADIGM IN NIGERIA
- Nigerian Tribune has Nigerian Tribune (Print Publication) and Tribune online (Online Publication)
- Guardian has Guardian Newspaper (Print Publication) and Guardian Online (Online Publication)
- Daily Trust has Daily Trust Newspaper (Print Publication) and Daily Trust online (Online Publication)
- Punch has Punch Newspaper (Print Publication), Punch online (Online Publication) and Punch (Mobile Publication)
- P.M News has P.M News (Print Publication) and P.M News online (Online Publication)
- The Nation has The Nation Newspaper (Print Publication), The Nation online (Online Publication) and The Nation (Mobile Publications)
- Sun has Sun Newspaper (Print Publication) and Sun online (Online Publication)
- Thisday has Thisday Newspaper (Print Publication) and Thisday online (Online Publication)
- Vanguard has Vanguard Newspaper (Print Publication), Vanguard online (Online Publication) and Vanguard (Mobile Publication)
- News watch has News watch Magazine (Print Publication) and News watch online (Online Publication)
- Tell has Tell Magazine (Print Publication) and Tell Magazine online (Online Publication)
- Financial Standard has Financial Standard Magazine (Print Publication) and Financial Standard online (Online Publication)
- Business Day has Business Day Newspaper (Print Publication) and Business Day online (Online Publication)
- Genevieve Magazine has Genevieve Magazine (Print Publication) and Genevieve magazine online (Online Publication)
- There Were Pictures Of All Of the news stories,
- A Video
- Photo Slideshow with captions was used
- There were 3 Videos.
- Pictures Of All Of the news stories was attached.
- No Audio
- Photo Slideshow with captions was used
- Multimedia (Video & Audi) is used
- News And supporting Pictures attached
- Adverts On Slide shows
- Few News Story With No Supporting Pictures, Instead Inspiration Logo Was Used.
- Adverts Slide Show.
- No multimedia
Each News Story Has A Picture Attached.
– Photo Gallery Was Captioned.
– There Were Pictures Of Some Of the news stories.
– No audio / video
– Photo Slideshow was used
There Were Pictures Of Some Of the Stories.
– Presence of Photo Slideshow
- There Were Pictures Of All Of the news stories,
- Two Videos
- Text Content
- There Were Pictures Of All Of the news stories
- No Video
- Photo Slideshow with headline and story was used
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity. Whenever things sound easy, it turns out there is one part you didn’t hear
STUPIDITY is when you don’t have a bicycle and you give your last penny to your pastor to buy a jet…….
MUMU is when you can’t pay your children’s school fees and yet have money to contribute to your church to build expensive school which your children will never attend..
IGNORANCE is when you believe it when your pastors tells you not to live worldly life, and yet he enjoys all the best things in the world, the fine houses, cars, jets, babes etc, while you are waiting till you get to heaven to enjoy your own….
IDIOCY is when you refuse to take your very sick child to the hospital because your pastor said you should not do so, yet that same pastor secretly runs to USA for medical attention any time he has an headache…
KOLO is when you see a poor beggar on the road and you refuse to give him 50 naira out of the 5000 naira in your pocket bcos it is your tithe money….You
YOU are a zombie when you trek, dance and gallivant for 30 kilometers under the hot sun sweating and smelling like shit during your revival program, while your pastor is inside a full option, factory fitted air-conditioned state of the art SUV with his delectable wife slowing driving along the road.
Stop worshiping your pastors!!! They are human beings like you, they don’t have no power but God alone